Fire

Earlier this week, Donna asked about a media outlet covering one of their
own being the victim of a crime.  In the case of the fire, WPRI reporter
Jeff Dederrian is part owner of the club where the fire occurred.  Someone
posted here that he worked for a Boston station until recently.  This will
be even more touchy than the St. Louis situation because the media person is
not the victim of a crime, but someone who potentially has some
responsibility for a tragedy that killed 60+ people.

I just saw a reporter interviewed on Fox and when she was asked about
Dederrian, she talked at length about how well thought of he is as a
reporter and a person.  I'm sure that's true, and I do not presume any
responsibility on his part, but I doubt a reporter would be so quick to
defend the owner of the business if he was not also a colleague.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine