Re: Michael Moore; radio news

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:03:29 -0500 (EST) Garrett Wollman
<wollman@lcs.mit.edu> writes:
> <<On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:29:05 -0500, Donna Halper
> <dlh@donnahalper.com> said:
>
> > reporters are dying off, and it seems to be common these days to
> use TV
> > journalists to feed network stories to both radio and TV...
>
> Some of the best TV journos are also fabulous radio people as well.
> Canada has produced a bunch of radio journalists who made the
> transition to TV without losing their radio writing skills; Anna
> Maria
> Tremonti would likely be in that category.
>
> -GAWollman

The issue with Garrett's statement that I have is in his first sentence
he used the word "are" instead of "were".
"Some of the best TV journos are also fabulous radio people as well.
Canada has produced a bunch of radio journalists who made the transition
to TV".
The point I am making here is that  they made the transition to TV.
Unless Canadian radio is much much different from radio in the States
there is no new class of quality radio journalists coming up the pike,
therefor Donna's comments that radio reporters are dying off (or as I
like to say, dinosaurs) remains a true one.
df