'ROR now calls itself Classic Hits

Up until recently, I was hearing WROR using the liner
"Loren and Wally in the morning, the best of the 60s,
70s, and 80s all day". But just now I heard
them say: "Loren and Wally in the morning, Classic
Hits all day."

Classic Hits was the slogan of WZLX when they flipped
in the mid 80s. It eventually mutated into Classic
Rock.

Now, it looks like 'ROR has picked up the nickname
again...just days after a townonline.com article
about the 'ROR-'ZLX battle quoted 'ROR PD Buzz Knight
as saying that he pictures 'ROR as a cross between
classic hits and classic rock. He said, in the
article, that they're trying to be more hit-oriented,
"gender balanced"...a type of "mass appeal" format
that he feels will reach listeners and advertisers
alike.

Perhaps a smart move. The very inclusion of the word
"hits" shows people that they only play hits
(well, the rock/pop oriented ones), not the type
of album rock artists and songs a station like
WZLX might play.