Re: Power to Mount Washington

I've said to many people that the best way to get
power to the summit is by using a cable located
adjacent to the Cog railway bed.  I think that the
disaster of Sunday afternoon will probably speed
things up for just that reason.  I am sure that
Citadel will be breathing a collective sigh of relief
in knowing that commercial power is just around the
corner (hopefully!).  It will be good to know that
WHOM and WPKQ will have one less worry, when it comes
to power.  Best wishes to all on the Summit!

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

--- Rod O'Connor <rjoc@webtv.net> wrote:
> At at 12Noon on Maine Public Radio's "MidDay" a news
> story mentioned
> that officials were looking at possibly extending a
> cable up along the
> Cog Railway. Although there was no time estimate
> given.
>
> Rod O'Connor
> Southwest Harbor, Maine

=====