RE: MOUNT WASHINGTON BURNS

Don't forget the two Northern Maine/Aroostook County blowtorches:  WBPW
96.9  and Maine Public Radio's WMEM 106.1 Presque Isle are both 100kw
according to FCC Database.

And the same database shows WVOM 103.9  is only 89.9kw...but yes, I know
that WVOM hails itself as 100kw...

It has always irked me when stations claim ERPs way above their actual
power. I knew a sales manager in Alaska who claimed their station had an
ERP of 50kw, when they were officially only 25kw...He added 25kw
horizontal, and 25kw vertical. It impressed the advertisers! Although I
thought it was misleading.

Other note: Usually I could get WHOM over WSYY here, depending on which
radio, and the orientation of rabbit ears. This morning I can barely
pick up WSYY, and I have the new 94.9 from Kentville, Nova Scotia
creeping in!!

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine