RE: Storm cancellations on radio, TV

Cooper writes:
> Just give G-ray(Jerry) a call..  I'm sure he'd be glad
> to know that people didn't feel the info was being
> given often enough.  Who has been using as a co-host
> these days?

Not sure who the sidekick is.  They had experimented with Jerry in PM drive
but that didn't last long.  Back to the bird oldies after AM drive.  Running
AM drive more like a full-service format sans resources, an occ. single
mixed in.  Gone are the local weathercasts from former part-owner Tom
Messner, along with a local newscaster and sports guy/sidekick.  ABC
affiliation though, since they are using ABC's oldies feed.  I'm not in
favor or a side-kick until or unless all or most of the above are served
well.  For a local signal like that, content needs to come first since
that's the niche that locals will reach for.  Not the most sophistocated
listener profile with a better chance of way-local strategies to actually
payoff.  They do accomodate agricultural reports for the tons of farmers in
Addison Cty. but no longer from an ag. reporter.  Just a wire feed of some
kind read by the host.  Another observation is that the AM shift seems to be
slow to kick-in.  I'm of the approach that 6 a.m. should have equal punch,
right out of the box, as the last half hour.  And treat all quarters fairly.
I also prefer mirrored half hours in AM.  I live 9-10 mi. from the stick
here in Shoreham, about 5 mi. east of the lake, and pre-sunrise is a bit
hashy.  All the more reason (since the towns are a big part of WFAD's
potential ADI) to play down music and serve up relevant content early and
often.  But, heck, no one asked!

Bill O'Neill