Re: Storm cancellations on radio, TV

On 9 Feb 2003 at 16:42, Chuckigo@att.net wrote:

> But don't get the least bit of a thrill knowing that, if you were younger,
> you might have the day off?  I do have kids, but it's a personal touch of
> glee when the hometown of record rolls out of the speakers or crawls
> across the bottom of the screen.
>
> heck, what would my youthful enjoyment of radio have been were it not for
> the occasional "No School, All Schools Cambridge!"

What I remember is that, in 8th grade, for some reason, there were a couple of storms in
which at least one station got it wrong and announced "No school in Bedford" when Bedford
schools weren't closed.  And also, for some reason, that winter, Bedford kept its schools
open several times when surrounding towns closed.

I remember coming to school and hearing people complaining about hearing a no-school
announcement, and being outside shoveling snow when they saw the school bus coming.
But we hadn't heard a no-school announcement, apparently because we were listening to
another station.