Beatles Arrival 1964

formost on Oldies/Classic Rock radio this weekend is the commemoration of the
1964 arrival of the Beatles in the U.S.  granted, the bulk of the attention is
on the New York arrival, touring of the city and Ed Sullivan show appearance.

what was the focus of radio in Boston on the Beatles during this week in 1964?
admittedly, i was 5 going on 6 and can't immediately pull up any radio memory.
i do recall watching the small tv (part of an old tube radio/record player/tv
console) that had been relocated into my dad's room with the arrival of a
larger black&white set for the living room.  it just happened that the "new" tv
was on the fritz that weekend, so my 4 older sisters and i huddled in front of
the smaller screen to watch the broadcast that sunday evening.

i'd be curious to know if anyone in Boston radio played "I Want To Hold Your
Hand" over and over and over again, or anything that might be considered a
stunt, per se.  or, even if anyone was driven to get into radio/broadcasting
because of the Beatles.

yeah, yeah, yeah.

- -Chuck Igo