Re: This is awful

At 02:12 PM 2/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Cooper Fox <fox893@yahoo.com> writes:
> > Wasn't there another Stern fan who called during the
> > news coverage aftwe rhw airport shooting last year?

Yes. A Stern fan got onto CNN and claimed to have witnessed the LA airport
shooter calling out "Artie stole my job!"  Despite the reference to Jackie
the Joke Man, the CNN crew didn't get it, nor did the AP, which spread the
story as fact and it took hours for it to be refuted, since it soon
appeared on websites ... a problem with instant communication and airing
callers live without any verification of their stories...it was our own Dan
Billings who first pointed this out on our list last year.