Re: This is awful

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cooper Fox" <fox893@yahoo.com>
<bri@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: This is awful

> Wasn't there another Stern fan who called during the
> news coverage aftwe rhw airport shooting last year?

They get through all the time.  I hate the media talking calls live from
alleged "witnesses."  Journalists are supposed to test the credibility of
their sources and provide a screening function.  This is particularly
important with the big events like this.  Keeping rumors and such off the
air should be one of the media's top priorities.

- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine