Re: MPBC to cut work force, reorganize

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garrett Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To: "Dave Faneuf" <tklaundry@juno.com>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: MPBC to cut work force, reorganize

> Assuming a private-enterprise overhead rate of 50% that would be
> $53,111.11.  If MPBC inherited a more-typical university overhead rate
> from its founding schools, it would be more like $39,833.33.  (Here at
> MIT, a full-time employee making $50,000 annually costs about $120,000
> to employ, but we have a relatively high overhead rate compared to
> other universities.)

As far as I know, MPBC staff are still represented by the same union that
represents university personnel.  My guess is that there were not any
significant benefit cuts when MPBN merged with WCBB several years ago.  Any
significant changes would have created political opposition to the merger.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine