RE: BBC cutting news jobs

From: Brian Vita
> Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 11:57 PM
> Subject: RE: BBC cutting news jobs
>

> It is exactly the same principle.  Even the government,
> admittedly not often
> enough, must step back and see if they're getting the most bang for the
> buck.
>
> Unless a radio station is heavily subsidized by a party with a vested
> interest (ie NPR), it must continually make sure that it has an audience.
> If, for example, you decided that you wanted to have an all polka station
> (and bandwidth was available), you had better determine if you had an
> audience for your advertisers.
>
> Brian T. Vita, President
> Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
> 75 Walnut St. - Ste 4
> Peabody, MA  01960-5626
> (978)538-7575/Fax(978)538-7550
> Sales(800)231-8849/Sales Fax(800)FAX-CSS5
> www.cssinc.com

Hmm, I-Polka, I-Party!  All Polka, All The Time.  For internet radio, it is
possible to have a station that is completely subsidized and very
narrowcasted.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were all polka stations on
the 'Net.  Perhaps satellite radio will grow in the future to hundreds of
satellites providing narrowcasting services within the subscription rate and
have a heavy ad rotation.

-Larry
www.southstation.org
AIM: lloverin55
Listen to the rare hits of the 50s, 60s and 70s on the Hits of Yesterday  at
www.southstation.org/hitradio   or www.live365.com/stations/lloverin