Re: Entercom imposes contract on AFTRA

---- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Faneuf" <tklaundry@juno.com>
To: <billings@suscom-maine.net>
Cc: <bri@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: Entercom imposes contract on AFTRA

> If you are a member of the Maine Broadcasters Association perhaps they
> have done such a study?

That's an ownership organization.  They don't want anyone to have accurate
information about salaries.

> If you contact AFTRA they might be able to
> give you a handle on the AFTRA minimum but that really won't take into
> account above scale wages or what the non-union stations are paying.

There are no union radio stations left in Maine.  The only one that I
remember was the old WGAN AM and FM.  I think the union lasted for a few
years with after Guy Gannett sold the stations but it's long gone now.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine