RE: WMTW to drop 5 and 5:30 newscasts

WCAX and WPTZ can not afford to be dark too long because they do not
want to upset the sleeping elephant to the north Videotron cable in
Quebec province. Videotron has switched to US network feeds from Boston
in the past and to lose access to the Montreal market would be a huge
hit. I don't know if Videotron now gets 3 and 5 via satellite instead of
microwave but the signal on 3 has never been better.