Re: Correction WLBZ(Re: WZON)

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Cooper Fox wrote:

> I was always told that the calls for WZON were WLBZ...
>  Where was the originally location for WLBZ-AM, I mean?

I beleive originally that WZON-AM was located somewhere in downtown
Bangor, with the transmitter at it's current location on outer Broadway in
Bangor. Ironically I don't beleive it ever once shared a facility with
it's television counterpart. In the late 50's or 60's the station moved to
it's current location at it's transmitter site on Outer Broadway. I belive
it was the late 70's when it changed the WLBZ call letters.

Jeremy