Re: Media myths (Was Townsend)

On 17 Jan 2003 at 10:41, Brian Vita wrote:

> > > Dukakis did not pollute Boston Harbor all by himself.
> > > He had help.
> >
> > He had help?  Who helped him? ;-))
>
> Ed King

In fairness to Ed King, Boston Harbor was polluted for a very long time before either of them.
Dukakis himself said, in the second debate with Bush, when he (too late) responded to the
charge, that Boston Harbor was polluted for 100 years.  I don't know how close to reality that
was, but I suspect it wasn't too far off.

I'm not into defending Ed King, but fair is fair.