shutting off to do transmitter work...

Someone posted a message on the Boston radio-info
board saying that one night at 4 am while in Brockton
they picked up Hartford's Hot 93.7 instead of
WQSX 93.7 (Lawrence). I told them that maybe WQSX was
temporarily shut off to do repairs... and that other
stations would pick the wee hours to do such repairs
(or "transmitter work" of whatever sort).

I can remember not that long ago that some stations
would regularly shut off at at, say, midnight on
Sunday night/ Monday morning so that they could do
transmitter work. They figured the listenership would
be low at that point anyway, so why not?

In fact the 93.7 in Lawrence (WCGY, or WEGQ, whatever
it was at the time) may have been one such station.
Maybe the old WHDH 850 as well.

Does this still go on-- i.e., stations shutting
down regularly during the "wee hours" to do
transmitter work?