Re: RE: "Live and Local?""

At 08:38 AM 1/5/2003 -0500, Sid Schweiger wrote:
> >>i noted that Dan Cole has a trusty Toro 521.  i just passed one of
> those along to my brother-in-law after 16 or 17 years of faithful service
> thanks to the gift of a 13.5 HP MTD YardMan machine from Maine's Chuck
> Morgan.<<
>
>I too have a 521, bought in 1985.  Still going strong, and still starts,
>at worst, on the second pull after sitting through the summer.

Oddly enough, the drive belt on mine finally broke yesterday.  The 521 is
so simple to service that it took me only a few minutes to remove it, buy
the replacement belt ($9), put it on...and I was back in business in less
than an hour.
Kind of like the older transmitters...where the replacement parts came from
the local hardware store.

Dan Cole