Re: "Live and Local?""

"Bill O'Neill" wrote:

>Unfortunately, my weakling Crapsman by Sears was not up to the job
>and the auger decided to crap-out before the deal was done.
I feel your pain.  The welded-on-to-the-drum metal auger of my Craftsman
let go 2 years ago.  It's not a pretty sight.

>If  Harris or Continental built snowblowers....
Sears is like a 1960's LPB broadcast console.  Sears and a whole bunch
of other machines are all built by MTD - a contract-manufacturing
company with the reputation for being THE cheapest.

Get an Ariens - built like an Ampex 600.  Ariens used to build for John
Deere (until this past summer when they had a falling out) to John
Deere's specs.  So, they painted Ariens Orange over the John Deere Green
and "There Ya Go!"  Don't buy the $999 model 824 at Home Depot.  It's a
cheap model designed to sell at $999 for Home Depot.  For $300 more get
the 824 "Classic" - it has a real differential AND more.  All the Ariens
are two-stage.  Some of the larger Ariens machines feature Electric
Start, Heated Handles, electric-control of discharge chute (pan and
tilt) etc...

Roger