Re: Gene Simmons, KISS, WBUR, Fresh Air

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:53:11 -0500 "Aaron [Bishop] Read"
<aread@speakeasy.net>
> Anyways, I presume that was the chief reason why WBUR elected to not
> air
> the evening repeat of Fresh Air at 11pm anymore, choosing instead to
> help
> put us to sleep with an extra hour of the Beeb.  :-)  The BBC is
> very cheap
> (free in at least some cases) to rebroadcast...whereas I'd assume
> the right
> to air Fresh Air twice daily was significantly more expensive than
> only
> once daily.   Am I correct in that assumption?

I can't tell you if a rebroadcast of Fresh Air was included in whatever
price WBUR is paying or not, I can only say that when the switch was made
the explanation given to me in passing conversation is that it was felt
Fresh Air wasn't "newsy" enough following On Point and the rebroadcast of
The Connection so since we go to the Beeb at Midnight they decided to
push it up an hour.
df