Re: Gene Simmons, KISS, WBUR, Fresh Air

From: <dan.strassberg@att.net>

> Of course I heard it--months ago, when it was originally broadcast. Didn't
it
> even occur to you that some people heard it then?

It didn't appear that you did...based on your overreaction.

> As I said, I see no problem
> with NPR having boradcast the interview originally. I do think that
repeating
> it is an indication of disingenuousness or questionable taste.

I disagree.

It was a memorable interview...and certainly rates high as far as memorable
2002 Terry Gross interviews.

If their intention was to highlight some of the more memorable and the "year
that was" at FA...then I can see why they re-ran it.

I don't think it says anything about NPR's taste, disingenuousness, etc.  I
think TG & NPR maintained their standards...and the interview is a clear
presentation of Gene Simmons and his persona.  I think it exposed him for
what he is.  Which is what an interviewer should be striving for.

JP

> --
> dan.strassberg@att.net
> 617-558-4205
> eFax 707-215-6367
> > I think this is a rather shallow and simple perspective of this NPR
peice.

> > I notice that your email went out at 12:54.  Did you even hear the
peice?

> > JP

NPR