Ch. 4 says: Watch ESPN

Several times during yesterday's NFL game between
Miami and Minnesota, Ch. 4 run a graphic which said:
"Programming Note: Watch Patriots and the Jets
Sun. night at 8:30 pm on ESPN".

Hmm. Funny, but I understand the game is also being
shown locally on Ch. 5. Why would they want you to
know that ESPN is showing the Pats? :)

I guess they figure that if people are going to watch
the Pats anyway, they should tune into ESPN. Better
them than Ch. 5, especially since those viewers might
then stay tuned to watch Ch. 5's news, and we can't
have that, can we? :)