Re: SusCom-NESN reach agreement

--- Sean Smyth <ssmyth@suscom.net> wrote:
> I'm shocked. Seeing SusCom's rep in my neck of the
> woods, they seem like a
> company that prefers to run things on the cheap. I'm
> surprised they didn't
> cash out on the cable systems when the market peaked
> and put the money into
> their broadcast properties.

What are their broadcast holdings?  How large of a
cable company are they?

I am also surprised that they have no sold their Maine
holdings.  Their system servces most of Sagadhoc
County (except Richmond) and Brunswick and Harpswell
in Cumberland County.  Time-Warner covers the Greater
Portland area to the south and parts of York County
and the Presque Isle area and Adelphia serves nearly
all of the rest of the state.  There are a handful of
small independent systems here and there, but Adelphia
gobbled up most of the state.  SusCom's Bath-Brunswick
area system is the largest system left in the state
not controlled by Time Warner or Adelphia.  Over the
last few years, SusCom has upgraded their entire
system for digital cable and internet service.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine