Re: WBUR debate

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:37:46 -0500 "Sean Smyth" <ssmyth@suscom.net>
writes:
> An interesting discussion is currently ongoing in the ne.general
> newsgroup
> regarding WBUR's fund-raising drive (thought some of you, including
> df,
> would be interested in seeing this).
>
> To see the thread, click here:
> http://tinyurl.com/3p8b

Interesting thread.  Just a couple of general comments.
When trashing a host get his name right....O'Brien's name isn't Tom.

I can assure everyone, we hate fundraising MORE than you do but it is a
necessary evil.

Regarding Oakes not working anywhere but public radio, Bob was a
respected reporter/anchor at the old WEEI for years before joining WBUR.

That's about all I'm going to say on the subject
df