Re: Who knew? WSPR FIned!

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> interested in the ``excretory detail'' can find it on the FCC Web

Hmmm...I see how Spanish radio is also spiraling downwards into shock
radio just like "Anglo" radio has.

And to think only 20 years ago, you would never have heard this on a
Spanish-language station....

I think the one that originated the raunchy shock-jock Spanish humor was
WSKQ-FM's "El Vacilon de la Man~ana" here in New York.  That's pretty much
all that show consists of.

That being said...the jokes were funny.  But they don't belong on the
radio.

I don't know about Puerto Rico or the Dominican Republic (which is where
most of the deejays for the North Eastern tropical-formatted stations come
from) and if this sort of programming is also popular down there but from
what I've heard on Colombian radio, this sort of thing doesn't really go
very well. At least not as far as two years ago when I was there.

Maybe it's just an American thing...with the Latin deejays imitating their
Anglo counterparts.

--
Sven