Re: WCSH continues ratings dominance in Portland

--- Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering of WCSH's signal is substantially
> better than that of the
> other stations, considering that they are the only
> station in the VHF-Low
> part of the band?  This could be a factor in parts
> of the coverage area
> that don't have much cable penetration or have cable
> at all.

WMTW's signal was traditionally not as good as 6 and
13 in the Greater Portland area.  I am told it is
better now from their new tower.

I do not think the difference in signals has anything
to do with the ratings difference between 6 and 13.
Up until the mid-1980s, WGME(and WGAN-TV before that)
dominated the local TV news ratings.  At that time,
lots less people had cable.  S

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine