Re: revenue streams

On 13 Dec 2002 at 9:12, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Dick O'Connell turned broadcasting contracts over to Gene Kirby who went
> with WSBK for TV then shocked the Boston broadcast world by giving the
> radio contract to WMEX 1510 ( soon to become WITS ) and the contract would
> change at the end of the 1975 REGULAR season meaning the Sox playoffs
> moved to WMEX.

My father, who was a big baseball fan, was very upset at that change.  From our home in
Bedford, the WMEX/WITS signal wasn't very strong, especially at night, when it competed
with WKBW.  And the Channel 38 signal wasn't that good either.  His oft-repeated aphorism
was, "What's a big-league club doing on minor-league stations?!"