Re: Re: Political Ad time limits

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:29:52 -0800 (PST) Dan Billings
<billingsdan@yahoo.com>
> Most such sign laws regulate, or ban, all such signs
> so the regulation is not based on content.  If only
> political signs were banned or regulated, I think it
> would be a content regulation that would have to
> withstand strict scrutiny to be constitutional.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

Actually all lawn signs are not banned,  you can drive down any street in
any community and see various lawn signs at all times of the year, for
sale, open house, painted by,  etc.  Only political lawn signs are
limited to specific dates, IIRC 28 days prior to the preliminary election
and I believe 7 days after the general.
df