RE: WBPS cranks up the volume

And I read 60 Watts, which surprised me because I did not think that the
Sherbrooke station on 900 (CKTS?) got so much interference from other stations
that WOTW could run 60W without significantly affecting the RSS of the
interfering 10% skywaves. There is some rule that says that when a 10% skywave
drops below a certain fraction of the stronger skywaves, it is omitted from the
calculations. After all, when you take the squares of numbers, the ratio of the
smallest to the biggest squares is larger (sometimes A LOT larger) than the
ratio of the unsquared quantities. I had always assumed that when a Class D AM
seeks nighttime authority, it had to limit its power to keep its signal out of
the calculations of interference received by existing fulltime stations. When
Scott Fybush wrote in the latest NERW that WOTW's night power 6W, I assumed
that the 60W I saw elsewhere was a misprint.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205