Re: Radios In The Room

At 5:01 AM -0800 11/23/02, Russ Butler wrote:
>And why is it that hotels and motels today have those cheap little GE or
>Panasonic AM-FM radios  in the rooms?

I think it's because they are clock radios, so they fulfill a double
function as an alarm clock.  I just wish they'd check that the clock
is set properly before they rent the room.

That's why I take my trusty Sony ICF-2002 with me whenever I travel.
Of course, many hotels have lousy reception even with a good radio,
especially if they were built in the era when foil-backed insulation
was commonly used.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH