Radio Hall of Fame Nominees

by way of the Metro news wire...

Seventeen broadcasters have been nominated for induction into the Radio Hall of
Fame. Winners will be announced at a black-tie dinner in Chicago Nov.8, 2003.

Among the nominees in the Local/Regional "Pioneer" category: Walter "Salty"
Brine of WPRO, Providence.

other nominees...

Network/Syndication, Active: Jim Bohannon, Bob Kingsley, Walt "Baby" Love,
Marian McPartland

Network/Syndication, Pioneer: Gene Autry, Richard Crenna, Douglas Edwards,
Walter Winchell

Local/Regional, Active: Ron Chapman, Dick Purtan, Orion Samuelson, Scott
Shannon

Local/Regional, Pioneer: Walter "Salty" Brine, Michael Jackson (KABC), Hy Lit
(WOGL), Joey Reynolds (WOR)

on occasion, Salty will accompany Wally to the station, which usually prompts
my favorite comment to Wally: "I didn't know it was Bring-Your-Legend-To-Work
Day"   Congrats to Salty on the nomination, and best of luck on being inducted!

- -Chuck Igo