RE: Another Potential Source Of Interference For WBUR

> > I noticed in the FCC Applications for Nov 19th that
> > some "religious" broadcaster has applied for FM channel 214 (90.7
> > mhz) in Wellfleet, MA.  The ERP and HAAT
> > were not given.  Of course, WBUR has 3 re-broadcasters
> > on this particular Cape (there are two others in Mass:
> > Cape Ann and Cape Pogue...can you find Cape Pogue?)
> > but this is yet another instance of applications
> > that seem to target Jane's toy; others are in New London, CT
> > and the Gardner-Fitchburg, Mass area.
> > WBUR's gotta
> > fill out that pattern and maybe even up its power fast!

I am confused...a new allocation on 90.7 way the hell out in Wellfleet?  So
what?  Given that it CANNOT be all that powerful thanks to co-channel WKKL
right down the road in West Barnstable...I can't imagine the new allocation
will do much to WBUR's main signal.

It will probably mean the folks on the upper Cape will not hear WKKL
anymore, but WKKL doesn't carry WBUR anymore anyway.   Cape listeners to
WBUR are primarily on 1240 WBUR-AM out of West Yarmouth.

The WCNI application is not a "target" against WBUR...CNI has been trying
to move 90.9 for a long, long time in order to resolve their own
first-adjacent issues with other Connecticut & Long Island stations.   WBUR
is sort of an unfortunate bystander in that private little war...and given
that Rhode Island is now WRNI & WXNI's domain I doubt WBUR is really
sweating WCNI's move all that much.

For that matter, if it's not in Metrowest, Brookline, Newton or some other
high-donation area, I'll bet WBUR doesn't care quite as much about it ;-)

I hadn't heard about Gardner-Fitchburg...what's going on over there?

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels Technical Consulting / Boston, MA
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron