Re: Why WMTW will always be third

I am fairly new to watching news from the Portland
market, but from what I can see...  WCSH is definately
the tops(probably because I am familiar with 3/4 of
the anchors from watching WLBZ), with WMTW coming in
second and WGME dead last.  I am not really sure what
it is about WGME but i just can't seem to sit through
a newscast.

--- Chuckigo@att.net wrote:
> of Sunday evening's TV news coverage, Dan B. wrote:
> >During the 11PM News, WMTW spent only 3 minutes on
> > coverage of the first storm of the season.  They
> then
> > moved into national coverage.
>   (snip)
> > WCSH also knows that people have lots of other
> places
> > to get national news, but very few places to get
> local
> > news so they lead with what they do best.
> > The people at WMTW are just clueless.
>
> just as a thought here: for a very long time, WMTW
> has served a large area that
> might rely on channel 8 for well-rounded coverage,
> being as those areas are not
> necessarily cable-ready and do not have, at the
> touch of a clicker, 73 news
> channels.  granted, since the move off of the
> mountain, that area is probably
> not as vast as before.
>   not that i totally disagree with your assessment,
> but there is a large
> audience outside of the Portland Metro that relies
> on over-the-air signals.
>
> - -Chuck Igo

=====
Magic 104