Re: Revolving Door

--- Rod O'Connor <rjoc@webtv.net> wrote:
> I hope you are wrong Dan, but I'm afraid that may be
> the case. Nothing
> against Donna personally, but I think it's going to
> be hard to keep an
> open mind and be a responsible journalist  while
> interviewing your
> former boss.

As the anchor, it is hard to keep her away from
political stories.  If she was a newspaper journalist,
she could be put on a beat that didn't include
covering the Governor.  I can't see how they can do
that in this situation.

It is also significant that Gormley's role on the
Baldacci campaign was very prominent and partisan.
Baldacci's strategy was to stay out of the fray as
much as possible so it was often Gormley responding to
opponents and other critics.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine