Re: Letterman on WODS ?

>Kevin Vahey wrote:
>Its part of the promotion that CBS promised Dave
>They figure nobody will turn off their TV to LISTEN to Dave so it is a win

    A win for the TV, but, as someone else suggested, a stupid human trick
for radio, IMO, if it's dropped into the middle of a music format. But it
looks like these megamedia corporations really don't care about radio --
which is why car CD players are such a growth industry. OTOH, I always
liked his top-10 list being played on radio the next morning, although I
don't know if they're still releasing that, as I don't hear it locally.
Good programming and good promotion for him.

    For WODS, all it will be is an invitation for the audience to listen to
the competition. It's different than CBS putting 60 Minutes on radio --
it's going on all-news/all-talk/talk-news stations.

   One of the issues here is that Letterman doesn't really fit into any of
the talk radio formats that are out there. And, although I have no focus
group research, my thought is that Letterman's audience wouldn't find him
anyway if you put him on those formats because his audience isn't a talk
radio audience, except maybe Love Lines. And vice versa -- the talk radio
listeners wouldn't want to listen to it. Actually, all this reminds me that
there is almost no comedy or really any non-musical entertainment to speak
of anywhere in any of the talk formats on radio -- just disagreeable people
saying nasty things and whining, 24/7.