Re: WCCM 1490 Website Up (Partially; Still Refers to WCCM 800)

  Laurence Glavin wrote:

> When WCCM-AM Lawrence, MA moved from 800 to 1490, its former website was
> pulled in favor of a new website "under construction".  > but much of it
beyond the Home Page is stll listed as under construction.

   The 'High School Sports" page seems to work, with a schedule of upcoming
high school football games they will broadcast. One such game coming up on a
Friday night in November is Tewksbury at Lowell, game time of 6:30 PM. Too
bad folks in Tewksbury and Lowell won't be able to hear the game, as the
WCCM 1490 signal is non-existant in Tewksbury and Lowell at night. It isn't
much better by day either. I hope the folks in Haverhill enjoy the game
however. Why bother even carrying this game, why not a game involving at
least one team within the usable night signal range?
I wonder if they sell ads to sponsors in Lowell and Tewksbury, do they tell
these sponsors you can't hear our signal here at night, but you'll reach a
large audience in Haverhill.

   By the way, I happened to hear their top of the hour ID recently, which
goes like this: 1490 WCCM Haverhill/ Methuen, serving Greater Lawrence,
Greater Haverhill and Greater Lowell with news, sports, etc. etc. Why bother
with Greater Lowell, or even Greater Lawrence for that matter? Although by
day, the 1490 signal is listenable in Lawrence, Methuen, most of Andover and
North Andover, but beyond that the signal isn't all that usable for the
average listener.

Mark Watson