"Money Experts" Article in Boston Sunday Globe (10/13)

I was away in far western Massachusetts and upstate NY during the (rainy) Columbus
Day weekend.  I stopped home delivery of the Globe, so today  I perused the library's
copy of the Sunday Globe for Oct 13th.  The Business section had a major article
on page E6, about a quarrel between Bob Glovsky and Rick Shaffer over who
owns the show title "The Money Expert(s)".  The opening sentence read:
"In the 1990's, Bob Glovsky and Rick Shaffer shared a slice of Boston's
radio audience and a brand name..."

As you know, Boston Globe articles are archived very rapidly so I can't
give you a URL to click on...just a quick precis of the contents of
the article.  If your Sunday Globe is still hanging around, you can check
the Business section.
After the "Money Expert" show's run on WHDH-AM 850 and WRKO-AM 680, the
hosts went their separate ways, but seemingly without rancor until lately.
Glovsky attempted to use the show title on his WTKK-FM 96.9 show .   But
Shaffer went to WBNW, then WBIX and used the same title or something
like it.  Glovsky said cease and desist but Shaffer replied that HE had
registered the name with the patent office.  Glovsky is appealing  the
assignment so Shaffer's right is on hold.  The article ends by quoting an
"authority" on Boston radio: Keith Snow, described at the editor of
Boston Radio News.  A Google(tm) search brought up exactly ONE entry:about
the demise of Andy Moes...some news!  Anyway,  Mr. Snow offered the
opinion that the whole tempest is irrelevant, because Anthony Silva
reaches more people in one hour on WBZ than these guys do in a week...
Shaffer on WBIX with a ZERO rating, and Glvsky on 96.9 with less than 1.0.
Sounds about right.

Laurence Glavin

Watch a championship game with Elway or McGwire.
Enter Now at http://champions.lycos.com