Re: AP: FCC to announce digital radio decision

  Richard Chonak wrote:

>I understand that under the proposed system, analog radios will
>continue to work with existing stations, and there is no
>deadline for phasing out analog signals.   So apart from
>audiophile concerns, will there be a reason to get a digital
>radio any time soon?   Will there be digital-only stations?

I'm not sure what audiophile concerns might be an incentive to buy a
digital radio...from the way I understand it, the fidelity of present
analog FM exceeds the digital quality, which is roughly the equivalent of
an .mp3 file.  Now if you're one of those who considers mp3 to be "CD
quality", the money might be better spent on a good audiologist.