Re: WLYN Now // WUMB!

Hi Aaron:
     There are ways to make WINAMP sound a little more
professional.  But first, yes I probably oversimplied
regarding WINAMP and legal ID's.  I know that WINAMP
has only two functions, dedicated playlist function
and shuffling.  You can get a good dial-up remote
control for less than $1500 from Sine-Systems.  I
know, I have installed a few of them.  You can program
the Sine-Systems to automatically fire up a legal ID
from a cart deck, every hour.  Set the audio on the
board for 0 db for the legal ID and set your
automation to about 3/4 of that amount.  It will cause
the audio processing to ramp somewhat to make the
legal ID more prevalent.       Now with WINAMP, you
can use a program plug-in called SQR Soft.  This will
crossfade the player to blend music between two
selections.  It is a very intelligent program.  It
will sound like somebody is actually running the
board. It is adjustable to your own specs.  Try this
out, just for fun and you might be surprised.  Any PC
will do.  73, Pete-

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts