Tropo still going on?

Is that tropo ducting still going on?   I was trying to listen to WBRU,
Providence (95.5) whilst down in Mystic, CT Saturday early-evening. That's
at the fringe but usually I can pick it up in the area I was trying to
listen.  But I was getting massive co-channel interference from another
95.5...enough that I caught the frequency clearly spoken and also part of
the call letters: "WBLJ"...there's no station by those calls on
95.5.  Instead I think it was WPLJ, which is on 95.5, but is out of
NYC...even their fringe shouldn't reach much beyond New Haven.  Never mind
another 100-odd miles up the coast to Mystic.

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels.com Technical Consulting
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron