From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org] On Behalf Of Adam
Rivers
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 11:36 AM
To: Soundoff@topica.com
Cc: Boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: WKCD flip

WKCD flipped to another format as R&B/Rhythmic CHR
"Jamn 107.7", making it the fourth tour in recent
years.. it was "CD 107-7" as Smooth Jazz, then
"Channel 107-7" as Hot AC, and "KCD 107-7" as a
watered-down CHR.. I'm guessing that because New
London County has never really responded to WZMX,
which is listenable in all of the county unless there
is tropo, that WKCD might take a bite out of WQGN's
numbers, but I'm guessing that Q-105 will continue its
hold on the market. I listened for an hour last night
and it was very strong here in Chicopee, and all it
sounds like is a CHR without the Avril Lavigne,
Hoobastank, Vanessa Carlton, Michelle Branch.. a lot
of Light R&B that I've heard on Magic 106.7 (Tyrese,
Joe) all of the songs on "Jam'n 107-7" have been heard
by me on WKSS, WKCI, and WXKS at one time. So I
wouldn't call it a rhythmic station- maybe a mix of
R&B and Rhythmic CHR...

Adam Rivers
Chicopee, MA