Re: Primary aftermath

Dave F. writes:
> I was driving home after our primary coverage Tuesday night (Wednesday
> morning) and had BZ on.  A woman called in obviously talking about the
> primary and discribed Mitt Romney as that "Morman baby killer" and WBZ
> didn't bleep it out. (not that they use beeps any more).  Steve ignored
> the comment but I was shocked that they didn't beep it or take her off
> the air.  Anyone else cathc that?  Comments?

What exactly are stations' standards for this sort of stuff in current
times?

Is it just a matter of slander? Then again, to me that comment seems like it
could be fodder for a slander lawsuit (then again, the legal eagles in here
would know far better).

Not surprisingly, I seem to hear more and more of the seven dirty words on
TV and radio nowadays and people saying "oops" instead of a delay button
actually being hit.