Re: Daytimer WOTW 900 AM Nashua to be 24/hr very soon!

 John Bolduc wrote:

> Friday Afternoon, during the local talk show "Gidge World", one of the top
> honchos (Chuck something) mentioned, or should I say promoted several
> times that WOTW will be on 24 hours a day, not signing off in the evening,
> like they currently do.
>
> I assuming they will be using flea power four/five watts, instead of their
> usual 910 watts daytime power. There flea powered signal does make it into
> Derry at night, but is really hampered by two Canadian signals.

   I thought WOTW had a night license, something like 80 or 85 watts. The
Canadian signals are slightly audible under WOTW as close to their TX site
as the Pheasant Lane Mall on the Nashua/Tyngsboro line, probably 2.5 miles
or so as the crow flies. Halfway down Pawtucket Blvd. (State Route 113)
between the Tyngsboro Bridge and the Lowell line, their signal is mostly
useless hash.

   The person named Chuck you heard on the air is Chuck Wright, who is the
station's GM according to a recent Lowell Sun article about the return of
the WOTW calls. He also fills in for "Big Moe" (a/k/a Maury Parent) on his
Saturday morning "Big Moe Golden Oldies Spectacular" on occasion.

Mark Watson