Re: WGBH dismissal, and an array sizing question.

>A booster would not work for two reasons:
>1: The shadowing is not severe enough; a booster on 89.7 would cause more
>problems with interference (with the main transmitter) than it would solve.
>2: The downtown Boston area is too close to WMBR on 88.1 which is literally
>right across the river at MIT....so close that there'd likely be
>3rd-adjacent interference issues.

88.7 would be third-adjacent to 88.1.  89.7 is not a concern to 88.1
as far as adjacency issues are concerned.

I was under the impression that the application's primary purpose
was to better 89.7's signal out in the (presumably more affluent)
Metrowest area.  Much the same reason that WBUR moved their transmitter
from their former near-downtown site to Rt. 128 some years ago.

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu