RE: Something else on 1670AM in Newton

Aaron,

I believe that what you were hearing most likely actually * was * Allston-
Brighton Free Radio. I don't want to be any kind of a whistle blower, but
I think that perhaps they've recently "tweaked" things a bit.

I've been hearing them quite listenably lately in and beyond Boston College
and Chestnut Hill, and then into Newton Centre square, fading out shortly
thereafter as you start heading down Centre St. toward Needham, as you said.

Into the north side of Newton, they're listenable in Newton Corner and don't
fade until west of Newtonville.

They're covering most of the east side of Watertown, and heading north into
Cambridge they're listenable in and beyond Harvard and Central Squares, and
faintly audible enough to discern program content in my driveway on Summer St.
in Somerville.

They don't seem to do quite as well East and South, they can be heard to about
Kenmore Square easterly, southerly listenable in and beyond Coolidge Corner
Brookline, perhaps barely making it over the hills to Brookline Village.

P.S., is this Needham St. studio actually on the air with some flea power? How
could they be first adjacent to WRCA and WKOX?

Eli Polonsky

http://mail2web.com/ .