Re: Freedom of Speech?

--- Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:
<snip>
>I'd be
> interested in your opinions of this policy and
> whether it is really
> standard practice
<snip>
> Viacom take a chilling step toward restricting
> freedom of speech.
<snip>

   I'm not hearing any freedom of speech alarms going
off in my head over this. It's basically standard
business practice -- only PR people or some designated
management person are supposed to talk to the media.
Even when I was in college PR, we tried to enforce
that.

   Like many other rights, surrender this one at the
door when you go to work. The Workplace: Where you
have the right not to be fired today, unless they
decide to fire you for any reason or no reason at all.