Re: WBZ & WRKO - No Audio

--- Shawn Mamros <mamros@MIT.EDU> wrote:
>But let's face it, many automated
> systems in place today
> are far more complicated than they need to be, and
> Murphy's Law is
> always in effect, no matter how well-engineered a
> system might be.

Maybe.  But 40 minutes seems like a very long time to
be off.  Particularly in the middle of a weekday with
all hands on deck.

When I worked at Saga's cluster in Portland, I was
very impressed with the systems in place to get the
six stations back on the air when things went  wrong.
I can't imagine any of the stations being off the air
for that long of a period. They have clearly thought
about what could go wrong.  Infinity should do the
same.  I seem to remember WBZ's PD posting here in the
past.  If he is lurking, I wish he would explain what
went wrong.

I do remember one afternoon when lightening was
striking very close to the station.  The power went
off, knocking all the stations off for a few minutes.
When the generator kicked in, all came back accept
WYNZ.  As it turned out, the station was on the air
but somehow the on-air monitor got knocked off
frequency.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine