RE: WMBR Nightly News reinstated

>Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:17:49 -0400
>From: "Aaron [Bishop] Read" <aread@speakeasy.net>
>Subject: Re: WMBR Nightly News reinstated
>
>A somewhat rhetorical question - why wasn't there anything on WMBR's
>website about this?

I'd say it's because there are only a couple of people with access to input to
WMBR's website, and frankly, they weren't interested. Aside from updating the
regular program schedule grid and descriptions page each seasons, very little
in the form of programming announcements ever make their way onto the website.

I don't believe that WMBR's management even planned to make a public statement
had the News been cancelled. They would've just simply dropped it, and simply
waited for any listener protests to subside. That's the way I've usually seen
them operate when popular shows have been cancelled (somewhat similar to how
commercial stations often deal when cancelling popular shows).

The release of the reinstatement of the News that I pasted in a couple of days
ago was from the WMBR News Departement, not the WMBR Programming department or
management.

Eli Polonsky

http://mail2web.com/ .