FW: WBPS-AM 890 Transmitting Unmodulated Carrier

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)

-----Original Message-----
From: Hakim Madjid [mailto:HMadjid@mindspring.com]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 1:11 PM
To: lglavin@lycos.com
Subject: RE: WBPS-AM 890 Transmitting Unmodulated Carrier

Laurence Glavin writes:

>At this very minute (Sunday, June 23rd at 1:04 pm EDT), WBPS-AM 890
>C-Net Radio for Boston (but for how long?) is transmitting an unmodulated
>carrier.  It's been surmised for some time that C-Net radio is supposed
>to expire next weekend...has WBPS pulled the plug already, or is it a
>"normal" disconnect from the bird?

Yea I heard that, too. I tuned in 890 early Sunday morning about 12:30am,
and they were broadcasting a un-modulated carrier. I tuned in about the same
time this morning 12:30am, and I still got dead air. With in about 5 minutes
they were back with C-Net, this time around. At first I surmised that the
un-modulated carrier had something to do with their rumored drop of C-Net.
But I guess that might not happen until this next weekend. Mind you, except
for a post on this list a couple of weeks ago, I haven't been able to
otherwise confirm that 890 is indeed dropping C-Net.

That said, however, the on-air C-Net promos that David Lawrence does have,
for the past couple of weeks dropped mention of C-Net being broadcast in
Boston on 890. So something must be up.

Two interesting questions come to mind:

1.) Will C-Net find another outlet here in Boston?

2.) What will replace it on WBPS? WBPS seems not to be able to find a
successful format.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)