Re: Minor League Radio

"Kevin Vahey" <kvahey@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 9:49 AM

> Tri City Valley Cats games this season will be heard
> on WPTR Albany starting tonight at 7 from Lowell
>
> (means people at Lowell park may actually hear the broadcast)

I actually listened to a good portion of that game from where we were
staying in Hyannis, and never knew I was listening to WPTR!  (no station
id's while I was listening)  It's funny cause I live only about 90 miles
east of Albany, so I get WPTR very well day and night.

While on the subject of WPTR, some of you may have listened to the station
back in it's Top 40 heyday, as I did growing up in Beverly.  Those of you
that did might be interested to know that one of the original "Good Guys"
from that era, "Boom Boom" Branigan, has been doing mornings at "Legends
1540" for about two years now.  On the air he comes across as a person who
genuinely enjoys what he's doing, and his show is an absolute pleasure to
listen to.